- Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add onion and cook until onion is softened but not brown. Add parsnips, apples and potato. Stir to combine.
- Cover pan and reduce heat. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until apples are soft. Add broth and spices. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 35-40 minutes until parsnips are soft enough to be broken up by a spoon.
- Puree soup using immersion blender or pour soup into stand-up blender, in batches, until all is evenly pureed. Return to Dutch oven.
- Whisk in coconut milk. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Serve warm, with a scattering of chives on top.
Photo credit: Christina Nifong
Recipe inspired by Cooking With Curls