For the dressing
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar with a lid. Shake vigorously until well-mixed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
For the salad
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Toss root vegetables with oil, salt, and pepper in large bowl. Stir until all is well-coated.
- Spread veggies in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Roast for 25-30 minutes until all vegetables are tender and browned.
- Return to bowl. Mix with grated garlic and paprika.
- Poach eggs. First bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Reduce heat so water is at a gentle simmer. Crack one egg into a small bowl, then gently slide egg into water. Repeat with remaining eggs, waiting until white of egg in water is opaque before adding the next egg (about 30 seconds apart). Poach until whites are set but yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer eggs to paper towels as they are done.
- Divide salad greens into four bowls. Top with roasted veggies, nuts, one poached egg, and bacon, if including. Drizzle with mustard-walnut dressing.
Photo credit: Bon Appetit
Recipe inspired by Bon Appetit