- 1 5-inch piece ginger, peeled, finely chopped (about ⅓ cup)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large bunch of scallions, very thinly sliced (about 2 cups), divided
- ½ cup grapeseed or other neutral oil
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp. sugar
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 4 5-ounce packages wavy ramen noodles, preferably fresh
- Toasted sesame seeds and chili oil (for serving)
- Stir together ginger, garlic, and two-thirds of scallions in a large bowl.
- Heat grapeseed oil in a small saucepan over high until oil is shimmery and hot but not smoking, about 2 minutes. Pour hot oil over scallion mixture. The scallions will sizzle, turn bright green, and wilt almost immediately. Let sit 5 minutes before stirring in remaining scallions. Stir in soy sauce, vinegar, pepper, sesame oil, and sugar; season with salt. Let sit to allow flavors to marry, 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and toss with as much or as little scallion sauce as you'd like in bowl.
- Divide noodles among bowls. Top with sesame seeds and serve with chili oil alongside.
Your support grows healthy communities