Makes 4 side servings
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds baby turnips, with tops
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Butter for finishing
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Cut turnip greens from bulbs, leaving less than 1/2 inch of stem attached to each bulb. Wash greens and turnips well. Cut each turnip lengthwise into 4-6 wedges, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Add greens to boiling water. Cook until tender, 1-2 minutes. Using tongs, transfer greens to cold water. Then drain, squeeze out excess water, and chop into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat until hot. Add turnips. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until well-browned in spots, about 3 minutes. Lower heat if turnips threaten to burn.
- Add chopped greens and toss to combine, cooking just until greens are warmed through. Top with butter. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Your support grows healthy communities